Great news! We will be expanding the swim programme at Brookvale Recreation Centre from Wednesday 23rd September, with 8 spaces per session and additional times during the day. It has been great to see so many of you return to the pool and we wanted to say thank you for continuing to follow COVID guidelines and procedures and enjoying the pool safely. Swim sessions will continue to be COVID secure as we take the next step in expanding the swim programme.
Due to the increase of participant numbers, we have had to make some changes to the Adult/Junior lane swimming guidelines and the set-up of the session will look a little different. Please look over the guidelines before your visit, to ensure everyone has a positive and enjoyable experience. If you have any questions, please call Brookvale Recreation Centre on 01928 712 051.
- Customers will be able to book one session per day
- Swimming sessions are limited to 50 minutes – this includes the use of the changing facilities.
- Please note – entry/exit to the changing facilities will be via the First Aid room (opposite reception) for sessions between 9am-4pm. A member of staff will be on hand to direct you if needed.
- Please arrive on time for your session – entrance to the swimming pool will close 5 minutes after the session begins. Please try and avoid arriving early for your session (more than 10 minutes), to ensure we maintain safe social distancing.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival – a hand dispenser is located at the main entrance
- When you arrive, please give your name at the reception desk and you will be allocated a changing space
- Please follow the one-way system operating within the leisure centre and adhere to social distancing guidelines
- The Female, Male and Disabled/Family wet changing facilities will be open for lane swimming customers. If you require use of the Disabled/Family changing facilities, please notify a member of staff at the time of booking.
- Please arrive ‘beach ready’ – with your swimming costume/shorts on under your clothes. This will ensure you get the most out of your time in the pool and minimises time spent in the changing rooms.
- Please change at a designated ‘changing space’ (2 metre markers are located within each changing area), or within a changing cubicle.
- Showers will be available – please be aware of social distancing markers
- Swimmers will be able to store personal belongings in a locker – please only use a locker marked with a green tick.
- Toilets will be available within the wet changing areas.
- Please follow the one-way system on poolside – arrows clearly show the direction of travel
- Entry is via the deep end of the pool
- The swimming pool will be split into single lanes – SLOW, MEDIUM and FAST. Please consider the speed of other swimmers in the pool and pick a lane accordingly
- A ‘FLEXI’ lane will also be available
- Please do not overtake whilst swimming.
- Please wait at the corner of the lane if a faster swimmer wants to pass. If you are regularly being passed, please consider moving to another lane.
- Please follow the lane direction signs (clockwise), to ensure social distancing.
- Please be aware that snorkels and/or face masks are not permitted (except in the case of a medical condition/disability)
- Please exit the pool via the shallow end
Leaving the Building
- We kindly ask that customers exit the pool and changing facilities before the end of the 50 minute session – this ensures the changing facilities can be thoroughly cleaned/sanitised.
- The Leisure Attendant on duty will blow their whistle after 45 minutes and ask all remaining swimmers to exit the pool
Please follow the one-way system and exit via the doors in the sports hall. A member of staff will be on hand to direct you if needed.