Brookvale Recreation Centre will open to Active Halton members on Monday 10th August. We will only be running a limited timetable of programmes and activities initially, with adult lane swimming available to book online/via telephone.
As we all begin to adjust to the ‘new normal’, we will continually review our services and look to expand programme/activities when it is safe to do so. We anticipate offering family swim sessions the following week (subject to operational plans being confirmed).
- A swimming lane (1 person per lane) will need to be pre-booked via the online booking system https://online.activehalton.co.uk/Membership/en/public/home or by calling 01928 712051.
- Swimming sessions are limited to 50 minutes – this includes the use of the changing facilities.
- Please note this session is for adult lane swimming. We anticipate offering family swim sessions in the coming weeks (subject to operational plans being confirmed).
- Customers who require the use of disabled facilities please call ahead and our team will reserve a changing cubicle and be ready to help if needed.
- Please arrive on time for your session – entrance to the swimming pool will close 5 minutes after the session begins. Please try and avoid arriving early for your session (more than 10 minutes), to ensure we maintain safe social distancing.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival – a hand dispenser is located at the main entrance
- When you arrive, please give your name at the reception desk and you will be allocated a swimming lane (no. 1-4)
- Please follow the one-way system operating within the leisure centre and adhere to social distancing guidelines
- The ‘Family’ changing rooms will be open for lane swimming customers.
- Please arrive ‘beach ready’ – with your swimming costume/shorts on under your clothes. This will ensure you get the most out of your time in the pool and minimises time spent in the changing rooms.
- Please shower at home, pre and post swimming, as showers will not be available
- Swimmers will be able to store personal belongings in the changing cubicle – the changing room entrance door will be locked 5 minutes after the start of the session and reopened 15 minutes before the end of the session. Please notify the Lifeguard on duty (adhering to social distancing guidelines) if you need to exit before this time.
- Please minimise the number of personal belongings, as lockers will not be available.
- Please follow the one-way system on poolside – arrows clearly show the direction of travel
- Entry is via the deep end of the pool – please only swim in your allocated lane
- While static in the water, please adhere to social distancing guidance in relation to other pool users and those on poolside
- When travelling through the water, please aim to keep as much distance as possible from other swimmers.
- Please try and keep ‘rest’ breaks to a minimum – we advise you bring your own ‘pre-filled’ water bottle on to poolside during your swim.
- Please exit via the shallow end of the pool
Leaving the Building
- We kindly ask that customers exit the pool and changing facilities before the end of the 50 minute session – this ensures the changing facilities can be thoroughly cleaned/sanitised.